Brown was a member of the Saginaw City Council from 1951 to 1957,
and was mayor of the City of Saginaw from 1955 to 1957. A graduate
of the University of Michigan's School of Engineering, he was
secretary-treasurer and manager of the Saginaw Central Oil Co.
He received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from SVC in 1969.
Brown Hall is 28,783 square feet and contains classrooms, faculty
offices, student lounges, psychology and foreign language laboratories.